(version no longer available for download)
Please read the following before downloading
Please, please please do remember that this is beta level software. This means that this version has been made available only for testing purposes. The idea is, that people try the software out and give us feedback on what parts of the program still need some fine tuning. This version most certainly does contain bugs and can potentially damage your computer and cause hair loss.
It is not recommended to run this software in work or production use computer, and whatever you do, always create a system backup before running beta level software. If you do not do so, please do not complain to us about it.
As always, we will give out free licenses to the best beta testers. If such a beta tester already owns a license we can also issue VIP and Platinum VIP packages for free, or other similar prizes for the trouble.
However, you are not entitled for any kind of free license by simply downloading these beta versions and reporting that all is fine. Free licenses are given out only to beta testers who give us valuable feedback, such as bug reports or improvement ideas. We will publish the list of users who won a free license after the final version of the product has been released, not before. All free licenses are decided on case-by-case, sometimes it takes just one message with two lines to earn a license (e.g. if you found a really good bug that no one else reported), sometimes it takes much more.
How to send your feedback
* Please use the Post Reply button of this thread for all feedback.
* If you are reporting a bug, please give as much information as possible in regards what steps are required to reproduce the problem. Also let us know what version of Windows you are using. There is no need to post the hardware configuration of your computer, unless asked.
* If you wish to report that you have tested all the features of the program, please include to your post the Debug Report as generated by the Program Debug Tool (under the Debug menu of the Main Window).
* You can send attachments, including screenshots, to the thread from the Post Reply > Upload attachment tab (below the main text area). To attach the DebugLog.html file, you need to zip it up first.
* If you are reporting a bug that is not obvious, please include the Debug Log to your report. Note: the Debug Log contains information about your computer, if you do not wish other users to see all this information, you can use the Private Messages feature to send the Debug Log to us.
* If you are reporting a False Positive by the Registry Cleaner (or by "Clean and fix my computer" tool), there is no need to send a Debug Log, this version does not have debug log enabled for the Registry Cleaner to show its true performance. To report a False Positive, simply send a Screenshot of the False Positive, and say what settings of the Registry Cleaner you are using.
* You can also send you general feedback, how you feel the program works for you or if there is something you don't understand, or if some feature doesn't work the way you expected. Feedback like this is sometimes even more valuable than bug reports.
How to create a Debug Log
* This is a Beta release and therefore it will automatically create the Debug Log file to your desktop every time you use the program.
Why the buttons have red dots?
* This software ships with the Debug Mode enabled. This means that each button of the program will have a red square on it. The req square will turn to green when you click it. This color coding helps you to keep track what features you have already tested and which not. You can use the Program Debug Tool to see the list of buttons you haven't yet clicked. The Program Debug Tool can be found from the Main Window's Debug menu.
* Do not start to translate this version to your language yet, there will still be major changes to the language file (English.lng).
* Do not install this version over any existing version of PowerTools. If you do, strange things can unfold.
* This build ships with the X-English translation. The idea of the X-English translation is that, when used, all the program's texts that originate from the translation file start with the letter X. Therefore, if you find any texts from the program that do not start with the X, they do not originate from the translation file and therefore cannot be translated. Please report any such texts. However, do notice that with long texts that have more than one paragraph, only the very first paragraph will start with the X. Also notice that the system dialogs, such as File > Save list as, are executed by Windows and therefore they will always display with the language of Windows. And finally, some parts of the About screen and in relationship to the licensing scheme are not possible to translate, this is by design.
What's New (compared to PowerTools 2012)
1. New tool: Decrap My Computer. This tool allows you to perform an automated mass uninstallation of all the (selected) third party software from your computer. One way to use this tool is to uninstall and remove all the bloatware software that ship with brand new computers nowdays.
2. New, 7th generation registry cleaning engine which combines amazing performance with unbeaten accuracy.
3. New software uninstallation engine that is faster, more accurate and supports the uninstallation of many software in a row. The engine can execute the uninstaller of the given software, automatically click its buttons to select the uninstallation options and after it has finished, the jv16 PowerTools uses its custom uninstallation engine to double check the software's own uninstaller didn't miss anything.
4. Major performance improvements to the entire product.
5. Automatic user interface mode selection. The Quick Tutorial will now guess based on the software installed to your computer whether you are an "advanced" or "normal" user, this guess is then used as the default setting in the Quick Tutorial window. Before, the default mode was always normal and everyone who wanted to use the advanced user interface with all the possible features and options available, had to check that.
jv16 PowerTools 2013 ChangeLog (compared to Beta 4)
- Code: Select all
Bug fix: The program doesn't remember if you resized its windows, instead the windows always open in their default size.
Bug fix: The Debug Tool's report doesn't mention Windows 8, only the older Windows versions are included.
Bug fix: Registry Cleaner and the Clean and Fix My Computer could remove the license information of Thumbsplus Pro V9 (because the data is stored in the registry in a format of a registry error)
Bug fix: Unit Testing tool can crash to Access Violation in relation to the TDuplicateAnalyzer component.
Bug fix: Decrap My Computer can show a partial Software Installed list if the operation is aborted during the software scan.
Bug fix: Decrap My Computer always shows a partial Software Installed list if the operation is aborted during the first software scan.
Bug fix: Debug Log doesn't always contain all the debug data (e.g. the System Info section) if the program is started with a command line parameter.
Bug fix: The Grouping tab of the File Finder always shows the Modified icon.
Bug fix: Some settings, such as the Ignore Words, are not remembered by the program after the tool window is closed.
Bug fix: History Cleaner can reference any version of Microsoft Office as "Office 2003".
Bug fix: Main Window's Tools > Add shortcut to desktop menu contains an empty line after the Immunize My Computer item.
Bug fix: Decrap my Computer doesn't show up in the Action History.
Bug fix: The More Functions menu of the Directory Tool is not displaying correctly.
Bug fix: File Analyzer starts with incorrect window size for the first time, next times the window size is correct.
Bug fix: The screen does not update if scrolling the second or third list of the Speed up my Computer by dragging the scroll bar, it only works with the first list.
Bug fix: Running the Registry Cleaner many times in a row causes the Scan Report window to be displayed with incorrect size (too big).
Bug fix: Software Uninstaller (and Decrap my Computer) doesn't list all the installed software.
Bug fix: Starting Software Uninstaller many times in a row causes a slightly different number of software being found each time.
Bug fix: The program's uninstallation data was created to the registry under key \Uninstall\jv16 PowerTools 2011 (should be: \Uninstall\jv16 PowerTools 2013)
Improvement: The entire GUI should now be translated, to verify this, the build comes with the X-English translation.
Improvement: Added a new registry cleaner engine setting under the Mode tab of the Registry Cleaner window.
Improvement: It's no longer possible to start multiple instances of the program. Doing this could cause different problems for example the Settings file being written and read by the different instances at different times.
Improvement: History Cleaner no longer lists IIS log files.
Improvement: Removed the Tags column from the Action History.
Improvement: The program now starts a little bit faster.
Improvement: Clicking the same translation file in the Quick Tutorial no longer displays its message many times in a row.
Improvement: Further increased the safety of the registry cleaner engine when run with the safest scan option.
Improvement: Initial Setup will be automatically run every 20 days to ensure the performance of the program not going down due to too old cache files.
Improvement: Reduced the amount of memory (RAM) used by the registry cleaner engine.
Improvement: The Main Window now better supports translations with longer toolnames.
Improvement: The Debug Log is now named based on the beta release number of the product, so instead "jv16PT_debuglog.html", it will be for example "jv16PT_debuglog_B5.html" to specify the log was created by the Beta 5 version.
Note: If you reported a bug in the previous beta testing threads and it hasn't been fixed yet, please re-report the problem to this thread. To re-report, you can copy & paste your original report or simply say that "bug causing xxx is not yet fixed, I reported it with Beta 2" and we'll look over the original report from the Beta2 thread.
Note: Thanks to the improved Debug Log system, there is no longer the need to send over any other files than the DebugLog.html when reporting any problem or crash (other files such as Bugreport.txt or the Profile.txt's), the new DebugLog.html includes all this information. Which also explains why the new Debug Logs are bigger and take a bit longer to generate (when the program starts up).
And remember, please send all your feedback regarding this beta version to this thread! Thank you!