PowerTools Lite

Want to report a bug? [obsolete]

Important announcements and latest news about this forum.

Want to report a bug? [obsolete]

Postby jv16 » Fri May 01, 2009 5:17 pm

(Message no longer valid, thread not deleted due to the discussion that followed the original message)
jv16
Developer

Re: Want to report a bug? READ THIS FIRST!

Postby tullik » Sun May 17, 2009 6:11 pm

jv16 wrote: . . . * It allows users who report the bugs to be automatically notified when the bug they reported has been fixed, and/or when an updated version of the product containing the fix is available for download. . . .

So if I experience a bug someone else already reported, I have to report it again to get the notifications?
tullik
tullik
Super Guru

Postby jv16 » Sun May 17, 2009 6:13 pm

tullik wrote:
jv16 wrote: . . . * It allows users who report the bugs to be automatically notified when the bug they reported has been fixed, and/or when an updated version of the product containing the fix is available for download. . . .

So if I experience a bug someone else already reported, I have to report it again to get the notifications?

Or just see from the Bug Tracker when the bug is reported fixed and download the next released version.
jv16
Developer

Postby tullik » Sun May 17, 2009 7:39 pm

Is there going to be a way to see the user provided detail?

Some summaries apparently are being "accepted" when they are too vague to be of much, or even any, use to other users.

05-15-2009_10-49-25 (cropped).jpg
05-15-2009_10-49-25 (cropped).jpg (41.29 KiB) Viewed 30011 times
tullik
tullik
Super Guru

Postby tullik » Mon May 18, 2009 4:28 am

Since the bug reported 04May09 is still counted in the "last 7 days" section of the report, it seems the aging mechanism is not working.
tullik
tullik
Super Guru

Postby tullik » Thu May 28, 2009 2:49 pm

User feedback is not sufficient

For example:

tullik wrote:
BudMan wrote:
tullik wrote: ... Has anyone reported the issue via the new Bug Tracking System?

I first noticed this problem after installing Vista SP2 yesterday. Previously, there was no error displayed. I submitted a bug report immediately. So far, I have not received a reply or acknowledgement. :x

IMO, the new Bug Tracking System still needs a lot of improvement in the area of user feedback. For example, there is no way for us to see what others have reported, but which has not yet been "accepted" into the system. :roll:

Report your complaints about the Bug Tracking System here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3773

I do.
tullik
tullik
Super Guru

Postby BudMan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:02 pm

I honestly believe that Macecraft should have used BugZilla http://www.bugzilla.org/. It is a well thought out bug reporting system.
--
BudMan
BudMan
New user

Postby tullik » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:35 am

Will the new Bug Tracking System eventually have an appeals process?

For example, there is this report:

jv16 PowerTools
    Minor
    Registry Monitor snapshots of just the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG root do not show in the list of snapshots.
It says the severity is "minor."

However, since the bug makes the "Compare" operation impossible for that snapshot, the severity could be considered to be "normal" per the posted definition:

Normal - A bug that can, at least in theory, cause damage to user's computer with action by user, or if some feature works with clearly reduced performance under certain conditions, or if some feature of the program does not work at all.
tullik
tullik
Super Guru

Postby redseujac » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:54 pm

I wonder who's giving the severity category for a reported bug :?
redseujac
Super Guru

Postby thomas-k » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:56 pm

I've sent some minor bugs for the last weeks. The last Update of the Bug Tracker List were 2009.05.25 four weeks ago. The Bug Tracker isn't really helpful if the list wouldn't be updated at least every week. I've no time and it isn't useful sending known bugs.
thomas-k
New user

Postby BudMan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:23 pm

thomas-k wrote:I've sent some minor bugs for the last weeks. The last Update of the Bug Tracker List were 2009.05.25 four weeks ago. The Bug Tracker isn't really helpful if the list wouldn't be updated at least every week. I've no time and it isn't useful sending known bugs.

They should be using something like the "BugZilla" bug tracker. It is a far more automated system.
--
BudMan
BudMan
New user

Postby jv16 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:23 am

The system is automated, we just don't want it to fill up with bug reports that are not about bugs, therefore all bug reports must be verified before they show up in the public side of the system. We don't use BugZilla because it has a billion features and counting, we only need the most basic features.

The bug reports sent during the past 30-40 days do not show because I'm currently out of the office and I'm responsible of handling the reports.
jv16
Developer

Postby Shorto » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Well, I see that jv16 is back! I guess things will really start happening now! I have submitted several Bug Reports since May 22, 2009 with no response. I reported a serious Registry Compaction Failure that was happening on Windows 7 RC Build 7100. The registry would become corrupted and reboot would BSoD with Error 0x000000F4. The reply Email has a Link to the reporting status listing - No Solution and Marked as Closed. This non-support has been very confusing for me! I guess things will really start Humming Now! - Regards to All - - - Shorto :D
Shorto
Shorto
New user

Postby redseujac » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:19 pm

I'm afraid jv16 is still not back at the office.

He just replies to some posts via his "mobile office" (laptop) :wink:

As to the other members of the staff this forum seems to be dead (same for Macecraft's website) :x

No replies to anything...
redseujac
Super Guru

Postby Shorto » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:24 pm

Yeah, It's a Shame. Just can't get good help these days! - - - Shorto :cry:
Shorto
Shorto
New user

Next

Return to Forum news

cron Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group