PowerTools Lite

Macecraft problems.

Talk about anything not covered by our other boards.

Macecraft problems.

Postby glee » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:13 pm

Q1. What is the h-b in macecraft.setup-h-b.exe? I have not seen this before, and my firewall advised blocking access. I overruled that, but wonder whether your site has been hacked.

Q2 As a platinum member, why does the site now say trial membership, only 6 days remaining? Again, I have not seen that before, but it has presumaly been there for 54 days. My wife's PC unaffected, and I haven't tried the laptop.
glee
New user

Re: Macecraft problems.

Postby Leonardo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:45 pm

glee wrote:Q1. What is the h-b in macecraft.setup-h-b.exe? I have not seen this before, and my firewall advised blocking access. I overruled that, but wonder whether your site has been hacked.

Q2 As a platinum member, why does the site now say trial membership, only 6 days remaining? Again, I have not seen that before, but it has presumaly been there for 54 days. My wife's PC unaffected, and I haven't tried the laptop.

You posted your questions in the wrong forum thread. This thead is meant for news related to the forum itself.

Q1: The item 'hb' is part of jv16PT_setup_hb_vxxx.exe for a long long time. I see it already in released versions in the year 2006!

Q2: It looks that your license file (license.xbin) was not found/recognized during jv16PT installation, so use the 'License Tool' under the 'Help' pull down menu in the jv16PT main window. Or copy the file license.xbin to the jv16PT installation directory.
Last edited by Leonardo on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Leonardo
Guru

Postby redseujac » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Yes, post obviously in wrong section and this thread must be locked, i.e. no more new posts after this one.

If I remember correctly the "hb" means "with handbook". Maybe those characters aren't much relevant anymore, because as far as I know actually there exists just one setup file which gives the user the option to download the handbook(s) or not. There was a time the user could choose between 2 setup files: one with handbook and another without handbook. The one with handbook had the characters in question in its name.

So, you know now.

Thread locked.

NB: if you'd want to continue this discussion, please do it in this section of the forum.
redseujac
Super Guru

Postby jv16 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:00 pm

redseujac wrote:If I remember correctly the "hb" means "with handbook". Maybe those characters aren't much relevant anymore, because as far as I know actually there exists just one setup file which gives the user the option to download the handbook(s) or not. There was a time the user could choose between 2 setup files: one with handbook and another without handbook. The one with handbook had the characters in question in its name.

This is correct.

We distribute jv16pt_setup_hb.exe file as well, only to keep the links working. Many software download sites link to: http://www.macecraft.com/downloads/jv16pt_setup_hb.exe. If we would only use http://www.macecraft.com/downloads/jv16pt_setup.exe, the other links would fail. There is no need to do so, even as the setup no longer contains the handbook(s).
jv16
Developer

Postby Leonardo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:15 pm

---VOID---
Last edited by Leonardo on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leonardo
Guru

Postby redseujac » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Leonardo wrote:
hanshijmans wrote:There is a problem too.
my wifi driver disappears after a can. Therefore no longer recognize my wifi route
hans Hijmans

Please remove your post here, it is the wrong thread for this topic.

Post has been removed as duplicate.
redseujac
Super Guru

Return to General Discussion