PowerTools Lite

Registry Cleaner Build 580 Internal Error

Discussion of jv16 PowerTools 2009. Note: this product version is no longer supported, feel free to use this product if you want but please remember that if you encounter any problem with it you should update to the latest version.

Re: Registry Cleaner Build 580 Internal Error

Postby SLRoberts42 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:00 pm

This error is also happening on my HP laptop with Windows XP SP3, so it is not related to the newer operating systems. I have submitted a bug report with attachment showing the error message and the resulting list of errors found.
SLRoberts42
New user
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:53 pm

Re: Registry Cleaner Build 580 Internal Error

Postby redseujac » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:24 pm

SLRoberts42 wrote:... so it is not related to the newer operating systems...

I can't remember someone has said it was...
redseujac
Super Guru
 
Posts: 2818
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:27 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Registry Cleaner Build 580 Internal Error

Postby tullik » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:41 am

With Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7100 and an aggressive scan (slider at the bottommost position), I get about a half dozen of these internal error pop-ups.

Some occur whether or not I choose the "Deep analysis scan."

I can suppress the ones I get with these "Ignore words:"

    \Interface\
    \Clsid\
    ROOT\eh
tullik
tullik
Super Guru
 
Posts: 3932
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: USA, Norge, UK, Canada, Eire

Re: Registry Cleaner Build 580 Internal Error

Postby JxrgAf8npjEN » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:44 pm

jv16 wrote:This indeed seems to be a real issue. The error message mainly means that the data got from the registry cleaner engine does not match the data in the registry.

This can mean only two things:
1. Something is wrong in the registry cleaner engine.
2. The data has been changed in the registry between the time it was read by the engine, and the time the data was re-checked by the SafetyNetV2.

Most of the cases I have seen seems to suggest case 2, but it's still an annoying popup when it does occur. I will try to find a way to fix it for the next version, without giving away too much of the extra safety the system also provides.



Hello.
So what do you recommend? As long as this is not fixed no registry clean-up?
JxrgAf8npjEN
New user
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:36 pm

Re: Registry Cleaner Build 580 Internal Error

Postby tullik » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:29 pm

JxrgAf8npjEN wrote: ... So what do you recommend? As long as this is not fixed no registry clean-up?

This post from the PTLite forum suggests an interim approach: Cosmetic?
tullik
tullik
Super Guru
 
Posts: 3932
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: USA, Norge, UK, Canada, Eire

Re: Registry Cleaner Build 580 Internal Error

Postby tullik » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:30 am

jv16 wrote:This indeed seems to be a real issue. The error message mainly means that the data got from the registry cleaner engine does not match the data in the registry.

This can mean only two things:
1. Something is wrong in the registry cleaner engine.
2. The data has been changed in the registry between the time it was read by the engine, and the time the data was re-checked by the SafetyNetV2.

Most of the cases I have seen seems to suggest case 2, but it's still an annoying popup when it does occur. I will try to find a way to fix it for the next version, without giving away too much of the extra safety the system also provides.

The screenshot shows the keys (excepting the RegEdit item) for which I consistently get "Internal Error: SafetyNetV2, error code two" on my W7 x-32 system.

The dates suggest your reason #1 applies for these keys.

A PTLite user has reported "Internal Error: SafetyNetV2, error code four" involving the Reg Edit applet. Perhaps your reason #2 applies to that.

Other observations:

    The pop-ups I'm getting show the HKCR key, not the HKLM key.

    The pop-ups occur whether or not the deep analysis option is chosen.

    Sometimes the progress indicator does not show until the program enters the final scan phase (another bug).

06-14-2009_17-11-45.jpg
06-14-2009_17-11-45.jpg (88.89 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
tullik
tullik
Super Guru
 
Posts: 3932
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: USA, Norge, UK, Canada, Eire

Re: Registry Cleaner Build 580 Internal Error

Postby Michael_in_Atl » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:14 am

FWIW, I get SafetyNet2,error code 2, CallID Regcleaner 1a on my system, which is XP Professional. Key:HKey_Local_Machine\Software\WexTech.

Response from Customer Support was to hit OK, and this will be fixed in the next release. I have no idea what functions are left incomplete.
Michael_in_Atl
New user
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:07 am

Previous

Return to jv16 PowerTools 2009

cron Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group