jv16 PowerTools 2006 released
HELSINKI, FINLAND — March 31, 2006 — Macecraft Software, a leading provider of Windows registry and maintenance utilities, today announced the newest version of the acclaimed jv16 PowerTools PC utility product.
jv16 PowerTools 2006 is a complete toolkit to maximize the performance of any PC. With a user base comprising several million downloads, the program is used by both home and power users as well helpdesk and support personnel around the globe.
jv16 PowerTools allows users to remove hidden traces of previously uninstalled software, to clean the computer’s Windows registry for optimal performance and stability, and to fix many registry-based problems with a single mouse click. The ultra-streamlined multilingual user interface allows the software to be used in all major languages, while automatic backup and safety features make the program very safe to use.
The product is available for download and purchase immediately. A normal license for new users is priced at $29.95. Customers with an existing license for the previous version (jv16 PowerTools 2005) can update to the new version without any costs or fees, the old license file works with the new version. More update instructions available below. For more information about the prices, please see the price list.
New features of jv16 PowerTools 2006
- Startup Manager – Allows you to list all the applications which
automatically start with Windows. You can remove applications from the
list and add new ones, you can also disable programs (i.e. they remain
on the list but don’t any longer automatically start with Windows. You
can later enable them again).
- Registry Information – A tool which allows you to see exactly how
much data is stored in the registry, as well as other information about
- Registry Compact – Allows a quick and easy registry compact (also
known as “registry defrag” and “registry compression”).
- File Tool – Opens the File Tool directly from the main window.
You can then drag and drop files directly to the tool and modify them
with the numerous features of the File Tool (such as Encryption,
Wiping, Mass Renaming etc).
- Directory Finder – Allows you to find directories based on a very
rich set of search options. For example, you can list all empty
directories, directories that contain at least N bytes of files,
directories that contain at least N files etc.
- Disk Wiper – Allows you to fully erase selected drives, the
contents of individual directories, or to wipe all the free space of a
drive. The exact method of wiping can be configured (i.e. how many
times the data is written over) by the user.
Other new features
- Internet update feature which shows the latest version of the
product and tells instructions how to update to the latest version.
- New features of the File Tools: Split and Empty. The Split
feature allows you to split files to many parts, either by size (e.g.
split a file to parts of 10 MB each) or by number (e.g. split a file to
10 parts). The feature contains very sophisticated file naming and
simulation features not present in most other similar tools (which
alone can cost up to $29.95!). The Empty feature allows you to reset a
file (i.e. remove all of its contents), the feature comes very handy
when you must flush hundreds of log files without removing the files.
- The File Finder can now find files that have been
modified/created/last accessed within the last N years, days, months,
hours, minutes or seconds.
- The File Analyzer can now automatically detect the language of
the file, the following languages can be detected: English, German,
French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Latin, Finnish and Swedish.
Support for more languages might be added in the future.
- Added shortcut to the Windows Calculator to the main window’s
- The speed of the Registry Cleaner is improved by 50% and the
accuracy by 10%.
- The entire Registry Monitor is rewritten giving it a performance
boost of over 70%, also all stability issues of the feature are now
- Many core functions are now optimized for maximal performance,
especially on large sets of data (e.g. even the longest list of errors
in the Registry Cleaner won’t slow down the user interface at all)
- The product’s cpu idle time usage is minimized close to 0%.
- Software Manager can now perform a full uninstallation, and
doesn’t only remove the software’s registry entries.
- Fixed many minor memory leaks.
- Improved the startup time of the application.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- The product automatically removes non-used backup meta files and
empty backups, which can be a result of e.g. interrupted backup
- Added the Full row select feature which allows you to select
items without having to put the small tick to the check box of the line.
- Highly improved printing feature can now handle even the largest
- Users can now configure which Internet search engine the product
uses by default.
For more information about the new features, see the product’s list of features, screenshots of the product’s all main features are also available.
jv16 PowerTools 2006 can be purchased from the Macecraft Software web site at www.macecraft.com, the fully functional 30-day trial version can also be downloaded free of charge at www.macecraft.com/downloads/.
The jv16 PowerTools 2006 can be installed over the latest version of jv16 PowerTools 2005 but not over any earlier version. If you update from PT 2005 you will lose all of your registry snapshots created by the Registry Monitor but you won’t lose any of your backups.
The Complete Handbook of jv16 PowerTools 2006 isn’t yet ready for publishing, therefore the Handbook of jv16 PowerTools 2005 is included with the download. The updated handbook will be released shortly. The initial release only contains the following translations: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Dutch, Hebrew, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean and Russian. Updated version with more translations will be updated as soon as we get more translations, most likely within just days.
- Any computer running Windows 98, 98 SE, ME, NT, 2000 or XP operating system
- A mouse and a keyboard
- You will also need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be able to read the Handbook.
About Macecraft Software
Macecraft Software (Macecraft Inc.) is a leading provider of Windows registry and maintenance utilities. The companyâ€™s high quality and high performance products, including the jv16 PowerTools utility package and the RegSupreme registry cleaner, have been recognized by the world’s leading computer magazines as well as tens of thousands of computer users, from helpdesk professionals to home users around the globe. Macecraft is an independent, privately owned software company located in Finland. The companyâ€™s products are developed by Jouni Vuorio, acclaimed for his programming expertise throughout the worldwide PC expert community.
Leave a Reply