PowerTools Lite 2013 Beta1 available for download:
(Download no longer available)Please read the following before downloading
Remember that this is beta level software. This means that this version has been made available only for testing purposes. This version contains bugs and can potentially damage your computer and mind.
As always, we will give out free licenses to the best beta testers. If a beta tester already owns a license we can also issue VIP and Platinum VIP packages for free, or other such prizes.
However, you are not entitled for any kind of free license by simply downloading these beta versions. Free licenses are given out only to beta testers who give us valuable feedback, such as bug reports or improvement ideas. We will publish the list of users who won a free license after the final version of the product has been released, not before. All free licenses are decided on case-by-case, sometimes it takes just one message with two lines to earn a license (e.g. if you found a really good bug that no one else reported), sometimes it takes much more.How to send your feedback
* Please use the Post Reply button of this thread for all feedback.
* If you are reporting a bug, please give as much information as possible in regards what steps are required to reproduce the problem. Also let us know what version of Windows you are using. There is no need to post the hardware configuration of your computer, unless asked.
* If you wish to report that you have tested all the features of the program, please include to your post the Debug Report as generated by the Program Debug Tool (under the Debug menu of the Main Window).
* You can send attachments, including screenshots, to the thread from the Post Reply > Upload attachment tab (below the main text area).
* If you are reporting a bug that is not obvious, please include the Debug Log to your report. Note: the Debug Log contains information about your computer, if you do not wish other users to see all this information, you can use the Private Messages feature to send the Debug Log to us.
* If you are reporting a False Positive by the Registry Cleaner (or by "Clean and fix my computer" tool), there is no need to send a Debug Log, this version does not have debug log enabled for the Registry Cleaner to show its true performance. To report a False Positive, simply send a Screenshot of the False Positive, and say what settings of the Registry Cleaner you are using.
* You can also send you general feedback, how you feel the program works for you or if there is something you don't understand, or if some feature doesn't work the way you expected. Feedback like this is sometimes even more valuable than bug reports.How to create a Debug Log
* If the problem doesn't cause PowerTools to crash: Go to the Main Window, open Debug menu and select "Save Debug Log". The Debug Log is saved to your Desktop.
* If the problem causes PowerTools to crash: Go to the installation directory of the program (c:\program files\jv16 PowerTools 2012 BetaX\ by default) and create an empty file called "DebugMode.dat" there. Then start the program and re-create the problem. The Debug Log is being automatically saved to your desktop as you use the program.Release Notes:
* Do not install this version over any existing version of PowerTools Lite.What's New (compared to PowerTools Lite 2011)
1. New tool: Immunize My Computer. This feature allows you to update your system's hosts file with a single click. The hosts file is used to blacklist known malware spreading websites, the list of bad websites is updated by http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm
2. Updated Clean and Fix My Computer tool from jv16 PowerTools 2012.
3. Improvements to the graphical user interface.
4. Major performance improvements to the entire product. And remember, please send all your feedback regarding this beta version to this thread! Thank you!