(version no longer available for download)
Please read the following before downloading
Please, please please do remember that this is beta level software. This means that this version has been made available only for testing purposes. The idea is, that people try the software out and give us feedback on what parts of the program still need some fine tuning. This version most certainly does contain bugs and can potentially damage your computer and cause hair loss.
It is not recommended to run this software in work or production use computer, and whatever you do, always create a system backup before running beta level software. If you do not do so, please do not complain to us about it.
As always, we will give out free licenses to the best beta testers. If such a beta tester already owns a license we can also issue VIP and Platinum VIP packages for free, or other similar prizes for the trouble.
However, you are not entitled for any kind of free license by simply downloading these beta versions and reporting that all is fine. Free licenses are given out only to beta testers who give us valuable feedback, such as bug reports or improvement ideas. We will publish the list of users who won a free license after the final version of the product has been released, not before. All free licenses are decided on case-by-case, sometimes it takes just one message with two lines to earn a license (e.g. if you found a really good bug that no one else reported), sometimes it takes much more.
How to send your feedback
* Please use the Post Reply button of this thread for all feedback.
* If you are reporting a bug, please give as much information as possible in regards what steps are required to reproduce the problem. Also let us know what version of Windows you are using. There is no need to post the hardware configuration of your computer, unless asked.
* If you wish to report that you have tested all the features of the program, please include to your post the Debug Report as generated by the Program Debug Tool (under the Debug menu of the Main Window).
* You can send attachments, including screenshots, to the thread from the Post Reply > Upload attachment tab (below the main text area). To attach the DebugLog.html file, you need to zip it up first.
* If you are reporting a bug that is not obvious, please include the Debug Log to your report. Note: the Debug Log contains information about your computer, if you do not wish other users to see all this information, you can use the Private Messages feature to send the Debug Log to us.
* If you are reporting a False Positive by the Registry Cleaner (or by "Clean and fix my computer" tool), there is no need to send a Debug Log, this version does not have debug log enabled for the Registry Cleaner to show its true performance. To report a False Positive, simply send a Screenshot of the False Positive, and say what settings of the Registry Cleaner you are using.
* You can also send you general feedback, how you feel the program works for you or if there is something you don't understand, or if some feature doesn't work the way you expected. Feedback like this is sometimes even more valuable than bug reports.
How to create a Debug Log
* This is a Beta release and therefore it will automatically create the Debug Log file to your desktop every time you use the program.
Why the buttons have red dots?
* This software ships with the Debug Mode enabled. This means that each button of the program will have a red square on it. The req square will turn to green when you click it. This color coding helps you to keep track what features you have already tested and which not. You can use the Program Debug Tool to see the list of buttons you haven't yet clicked. The Program Debug Tool can be found from the Main Window's Debug menu.
* You can now start to translate this version to your language!
* Do not install this version over any existing version of PowerTools. If you do, strange things can unfold.
* This build ships with the X-English translation. The idea of the X-English translation is that, when used, all the program's texts that originate from the translation file start with the letter X. Therefore, if you find any texts from the program that do not start with the X, they do not originate from the translation file and therefore cannot be translated. Please report any such texts. However, do notice that with long texts that have more than one paragraph, only the very first paragraph will start with the X. Also notice that the system dialogs, such as File > Save list as, are executed by Windows and therefore they will always display with the language of Windows. And finally, some parts of the About screen and in relationship to the licensing scheme are not possible to translate, this is by design.
What's New (compared to PowerTools 2012)
1. New tool: Decrap My Computer. This tool allows you to perform an automated mass uninstallation of all the (selected) third party software from your computer. One way to use this tool is to uninstall and remove all the bloatware software that ship with brand new computers nowdays.
2. New, 7th generation registry cleaning engine which combines amazing performance with unbeaten accuracy.
3. New software uninstallation engine that is faster, more accurate and supports the uninstallation of many software in a row. The engine can execute the uninstaller of the given software, automatically click its buttons to select the uninstallation options and after it has finished, the jv16 PowerTools uses its custom uninstallation engine to double check the software's own uninstaller didn't miss anything.
4. Major performance improvements to the entire product.
5. Automatic user interface mode selection. The Quick Tutorial will now guess based on the software installed to your computer whether you are an "advanced" or "normal" user, this guess is then used as the default setting in the Quick Tutorial window. Before, the default mode was always normal and everyone who wanted to use the advanced user interface with all the possible features and options available, had to check that.
jv16 PowerTools 2013 ChangeLog (compared to Beta 5)
Code: Select all
Bug fix: Fixed all the "File X too small" errors of the Unit Tester.
Bug fix: Fixed all the errors relating to TestStringToolsEx in the Unit Tester.
Bug fix: The first step of the Decrap my Computer doesn't adjust correctly when the window size is changed.
Bug fix: Help > License tool contains two pieces of text that cannot be translated.
Bug fix: Decrap my Computer doesn't properly report if it fails to create a System Restore Point.
Bug fix: The Possible left-over traces group contains many perfectly valid software in the Software Uninstaller.
Bug fix: The Registry Cleaner can show a Safety Net error when trying to fix some of the found items.
Bug fix: The Software Uninstaller (and Decrap my Computer) do not find all the installed software.
Bug fix: Using the Help > License tool > Search for a new license feature doesn't remove the "searching, please wait" panel from the screen if a license if found.
Bug fix: Tools didn't always show the hint popup, for example, the Decrap my Computer and Software Uninstaller should show more information with a hint popup about the item currently under mouse cursor when cursor is stopped over the item for a few seconds.
Bug fix: Uninstalling Software with the Software Uninstaller does not work.
Improvement: Removed the option to add an icon for the program to the Quick Launch bar as it's no longer in use with new Windows.
Improvement: Improved the software uninstallation engine's ability to detect files and registry keys relating to an installed software.
Improvement: The Software Uninstaller (and Decrap my Computer) will now generate a debug report called Software.log to the installation directory of the program. Send this file over if you are reporting an issue relating to the Software Uninstaller not finding some software.
Improvement: Translation interface is now final, you can start to translate the program to your language!
Note: If you reported a bug in the previous beta testing threads and it hasn't been fixed yet, please re-report the problem to this thread. To re-report, you can copy & paste your original report or simply say that "bug causing xxx is not yet fixed, I reported it with Beta 2" and we'll look over the original report from the Beta2 thread.
Note: Thanks to the improved Debug Log system, there is no longer the need to send over any other files than the DebugLog.html when reporting any problem or crash (other files such as Bugreport.txt or the Profile.txt's), the new DebugLog.html includes all this information. Which also explains why the new Debug Logs are bigger and take a bit longer to generate (when the program starts up).
If you want to translate the program to your language, download:
http://www.macecraft.com/downloads/beta ... onpack.zip
* The latest version of all the existing translations for the product which need to be now updated.
* The final English.lng for reference
* New version of the TransFileHelper application to help you to update any previous version of any translation to be compatible with the PowerTools 2013
Please send all your translations to firstname.lastname@example.org
And remember, please send all your feedback regarding this beta version to this thread! Thank you!