An updated version of jv16 PowerTools 2017 has been released. The latest version number is 18.104.22.1688.
Here is a quick to-do list if you wish to update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools 2017 and discuss it with our community:
Change Log – What’s New
(compared to jv16 PowerTools 2017 build 22.214.171.1248)
Here is a complete list of bug fixes and improvements that we did since jv16 PowerTools 2017 – Version 126.96.36.1998 was released on Friday, June 2nd, 2017:
- Fix: The Clean And SpeedUp My Computer as well as the Registry Finder can fail to delete certain types of registry keys from the registry.
- Fix: Starting the software can in some systems show error “You are currently running this program without full Administrator privileges. “
- Fix: The Help > About window can show an incorrect number of licensed computers (the My Account and Find My License tools show the correct number of licensed computers).
- Fix: The software can show a warning message of “Removing or modifying this key can be dangerous, are you sure you want to proceed?” for registry keys that are safe to remove.
- Fix: With some two year licenses, the software could still say it will expire in one year. This was a simple user interface problem, the licenses are valid, only the expiry date was displayed incorrectly.
- Fix: The PowerTools background processes can be ran using more instances than is indeed.
- Improvement: The software will now automatically add itself to the Windows Control Panel / Programs and Features list for easy access and uninstallation. Before, this was an optional feature.
- Improvement: Software Uninstaller will now find more installed software and left-over traces.
- Improvement: Added an option to make PowerTools automatically clean all the automatically generated debug data from its Backups folder. To enable this feature, please edit the line “5=AutoCleanPTDebugFiles=False” to “4=AutoCleanPTDebugFiles=True” under “[Maintenance]” section in the Settings\Misc.dat. If the “False” line does not exist, simply add the “True” line as a new line under the maintenance section. We cannot add an option to turn this on and off from the user interface, because that would require an update to every translated version of the software. This feature does not completely remove all automatically generated debug data but greatly limits the amount of the stored data.
Most common questions:
- How can I update to jv16 PowerTools 2017?
- What license do I own? Can I update to jv16 PowerTools 2017?
- Who is entitled for a free update to jv16 PowerTools 2017?
- What is the update price of jv16 PowerTools 2017?
- How can I subscribe to your mailing-list?
- How can I unsubscribe from your mailing-list?
- Where can I download the translation files for jv16 PowerTools?
- I contributed to the crowdfunding campaign in 2014, how do I get my reward?
1. How can I update to jv16 PowerTools 2017?
If you own a license for jv16 PowerTools 2017 or you own a Platinum VIP license, you can update by following these steps:
- Download the free trial version of jv16 PowerTools 2017. Click here to download it if you haven’t done so already.
- Install jv16 PowerTools 2017
- Open jv16 PowerTools 2017 and access the My Account tool
- Enter your name and email address into the My Account tool. Be sure to use the same information you used with your order!
After you have entered your information, the My Account tool will automatically download and install your license, and convert the trial version to the full version.
2. What license do I own? Can I update to jv16 PowerTools 2017?
If you are unsure what license you own, please use the Find My Licenses tool from within jv16 PowerTools, after installing the latest version of the product.
The tool lists all your previous orders and tells you about your licensing options.
3. Who is entitled for a free update to jv16 PowerTools 2017?
You can update to jv16 PowerTools 2017 for free if you are our Plainum VIP customer or if you have bought jv16 PowerTools X in the August of 2016 or later.
If you contributed to our Crowdfunding campaign 3 years ago, you may be entitled for a free update as well.
In such case, you should submit a request with your contribution payment details (the name and email address used with the contribution) and we will issue you the correct license.
4. What is the update price of jv16 PowerTools 2017?
Thank you for being one of our existing customers!
A discount of 20% for existing customers is now available and will be applied to the grand total price of your next order! All you need to do is visit the checkout page and enter you full name and e-mail address, as used in any of your past valid orders.
You can buy a license from: https://www.macecraft.com/checkout/
5. How can I subscribe to your mailing list?
7. Where can I download the translation files for jv16 PowerTools?
When you install jv16 PowerTools 2017, you must choose from the setup program which languages you wish to install.
If you didn’t see this option, you can get all the translations to jv16 PowerTools 2017 either by re-installing the software (if you don’t uninstall first, you won’t lose any of your settings or backups).
You can also download individual translations from the Download Translations page.
8. I contributed to the crowdfunding campaign in 2014, how do I get my reward?
We are currently developing jv16 PowerTools 2018 and there are no plans of going open source. If you contributed money to the crowdfunding campaign but for one reason or another didn’t receive your jv16 PowerTools license, please feel free to open a new support ticket and we will sort it out.
If you do, please include in your message the full name and email address you used when you made the contribution, as well as any receipt for the contribution if possible.
Complete details about the 2014 crowdfunding campaign to go open source have been published on our website. If there are still any questions or concerns relating to the campaign, please feel free to ask us.
How to install jv16 PowerTools 2017
Simply download and run the software’s installation file to install jv16 PowerTools to your computer. Follow the on-screen instructions and you will be fine!
All new users of jv16 PowerTools 2017 will receive a fully functional, 60 day trial version of the product. It contains no bundled software, no adware, no nonsense!
By entering your full name and e-mail address during product setup, you will be subscribed to our periodic newsletter. That’s all we ask: to stay in touch! We honestly value your privacy and offer a trust guarantee.
Compatible with: Any PC running any version of Windows XP or newer, such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Fully supports 64 bit systems.
Ships with translations: English, 简体中文, 繁體中文, Finnish, Français, Deutsch, Dutch, Polski, Português (Brasileiro), Русский, Español, Svensk.
To use the software with any of these translations, simply download the software and when running the installer in your computer, choose to install the translations you want to use. There are no separate installation files to be downloaded for translations.